1997 to 2018: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, West Hertfordshire NHS Trust
My Postgraduate Training
- 3 yr Registrar rotation at Royal Aberdeen Hospitals
- 3 yr Senior Registrar rotation at RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital, Shropshire
- Fellowship in upper limb surgery at Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto
- Fellowship at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH), Stanmore
I regularly attend conferences in the UK, France and the United States, (recent ones below). I also regularly present at local teaching sessions for GPs and physiotherapists. I operate with colleagues to share and learn new techniques.
- BESS (British Elbow & Shoulder Society) Meeting Harrogate, June 2019, booked.
- Birmingham Shoulder Live Surgery Course, March 2018
- BESS (British Elbow & Shoulder Society) Meeting Glasgow, June 2018.
- BESS Annual Meeting, Coventry, June 2017
- BESS Annual Meeting, Dublin, June 2016
- Shoulder Masterclass Arthroscopy & Shoulder Arthroplasty 2 days, Arthrolab, Munich April 2016
- 5th Birmingham Live Surgery Shoulder Arthroscopy Course, Saturday 19th March 2016
- BESS (British Elbow & Shoulder Society) Annual Meeting, Sheffield, July 2015
- Warwick Sports Shoulder Surgery Course, December 2014
- Day spent in theatre observing Professor Levy, Reading, UK, November 2014
- British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress, September 2014
- Reading Shoulder Arthroplasty Course, July 2014
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society Annual Meeting, June 2014
- Mathys Shoulder Conference, Aberdeen, December 2013
Throughout my career I have enjoyed teaching junior doctors in clinic and theatre and regularly attend clinical training sessions with junior doctors at Watford General Hospital. I regularly take part in teaching sessions for local GP’s and physiotherapists, giving talks and demonstrations of examination or injection techniques.
Other Professional Commitments
- Interviewer and examiner for London North West Thames Deanery.
- Assisting with shortlisting and interviewing of Specialist Registrar candidates for Record of In Training Assessments (RITA’s) which involves meetings around the UK.
Memberships of Professional Bodies
- General Medical Council
- Fellow, British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow, British Elbow & Shoulder Society
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh